Wednesday, 13 January 2016

New Year: A Fresh Start or Uphill Battle?

 photo Fresh Start or Uphill Battle.jpg


Already two weeks into the new year and I am only just getting around to kick-starting this blog again, hopefully with a bit more of a positive spin on it this year though. New beginnings and all that.

I won't lie, entering into 2016 wasn't quite the fresh start I had anticipated. Perhaps naively I thought that with 2015 behind me I could package all the heartbreak from last year into a neat little box and tag it "do not open" before forcing it into the deepest recesses of my mind. When I see it written down like that I have to admit it was entirely naive. 

With the celebrations of Christmas and New Year behind me, when I finally had a moment to myself to think, I realised that upon entering 2016 I was made aware of that which I was lacking, the things that I should have had. If we focus solely on my MMC then I should be a mere ten weeks away from becoming a mum for the first time but I'm not. 2015 snatched that away from me so cruelly. I don't even have a little baby cooking away for later in the year. It's frustrating and sad all at the same time.

I was meant to have a child this year and now, with twelve months laid out in front of me, I cannot say if that will become a reality this year. But I also cannot say that it won't.

That is the beauty of a new year and that (imaginary) fresh start; I have absolutely no idea what lies ahead of me. Whilst that is altogether terrifying in some respects it's also incredible exhilarating. I know that it is most likely going to be a bit of an uphill battle, at least mentally, but I've just got to hope that 2016 is going to be drastically different from last year.

Keep your fingers crossed, will you?

14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about the heartache you've been through. It'll never be easy to "forget" it and really, you never will forget it. But I hope 2016 does bring you happiness and that all your dreams come true xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for such amazing information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of related topics.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing such great information. This is one of the best sites which provide all the details of relevance to topics.
    careinfo.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving us such kind of information. This is one of the best sites having all the informatics details.
    carebaba.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful details great job thanks for sharing with us.
    JEE Main Admit Card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such kind of best details. Really this is very amazing information.
    Examhelpline.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for providing such nice information to us. It provides such amazing information on care/as well Health/. The post is really helpful and very much thanks to you. The information can be really helpful on health, care as well as on examhelp/ tips. The post is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik